I try not to be materialistic, but I admit it. I spend time thinking about what I would buy if I had some spare cash. OK, maybe a lot of time. But hey, there are a lot of things I want… Tory Burch flats, a new camera (a Canon 7D would be ideal, but I’m realistic and would settle for a T4i), a mirrored dresser and side tables, a boat… you know, the list goes on.
One of the items that visits me most in my daydreams has been some variation of this Valentino bag (seriously, I just look at it and all I can think is BE MINE). So when I stumbled upon Encore Plus, a luxury designer retail boutique in Boca Raton, of course that bag was the first thing on my mind. And while I didn’t find it there, I did find tons of other treasures.
The boutique at a glance:
- Brands include: Missoni, Hermes, Valentino, Christian Louboutin, Chanel, Roberto Cavalli, Pucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, Givenchy and many more.
- Items are acquired from wealthy women living in Palm Beach, Boca and Miami; many of the items are unworn and in mint condition.
- Clothing is 70 to 8o percent off retail price
- Shoes are 50 to 60 percent off retail price
- Handbags around 50 percent off (though some brands like Chanel and Hermes are an exception, as these brands often increase in value as they become outdated)
- Alterations available on-site
- Tip: You MUST follow the store on Facebook. The page is updated several times a day with pictures of new items. It’s the best way to stay in touch with what’s in the store, and to figure out when to snatch something up before it gets sold out!
OK, so I didn’t find my Rockstud Tote, but I did find another Valentino bag to crush on…
To read more about Encore Plus, check out my article that appeared in the March 2013 issue of Boca Life magazine.
PS. Sorry for the delay in posts. It’s been a while, but I have tons to share and hope to be posting more regularly!